Thursday, March 20, 2014

Happy Birthday to My Cooking Inspiration!

Today is my mom’s 60th birthday. 
I am so thankful for her, in so many ways. 

But, the more and more time I spend in my kitchen, the more and more thankful I become that she took the time to teach me (and my sister) how to cook.  That’s a legacy she passed on to us from her mom, and for that I am grateful

Thanks to her, I knew the aroma of freshly baked bread in the oven, the steam on your face from peeking at a kettle of simmering soup, and the sneaky spoon or finger dip into delicious cookie dough (or frosting, for that matter)!

I learned how to shop for ingredients, price out items and compare nutritional contents from her.  Nearly all of my best kitchen tips come from her.  And, I learned how important it is for a family to cook and eat together.

And, of course I learned, how to enjoy good food and how to share it with others.

My mom is an outstanding woman and has inspired me in so many ways in and out of the kitchen. 

Happy Birthday, Mom!  Here’s some of your favorite dessert, just for you. 

IMG_0942

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for stopping by! I'd love to hear from you; especially how you're finding JOY in your kitchen.

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...